Mardi Gras in Mobile, Alabama
Parade Viewing Guidelines
- Park vehicles in a secure, well-lit area.
- Obey barricade ordinances.
- Put a nametag on small children with parents’ names and telephone number.
- Establish a pre-designated place to go after the parade in the event you are separated from family and friends.
- Leave purses and valuables at home.
- Do not follow floats along the route. Watch parades from a set location.
- Throwing objects of any kind in the direction of floats, band members or parade participants can result in a fine.
- Place beverages in plastic or disposable containers. Metal or glass containers are not allowed.
- Silly string and snap pops are illegal.
- Skateboards, motorized scooters and laser pointers are not permitted.
- All parade routes must be cleared of vehicles two hours before and after parades. Violators will be towed at their personal expense.
- Expect traffic delays immediately before and after parades. Drive defensively.
- Medical assistance is available by contacting a police officer at the nearest intersection, or through Mobile Fire and Rescue medics patrolling the parade routes.